Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

references/inspiration

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nur_ein_tier

nur_ein_tier

Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-11-18

references/inspiration Empty
PostSubject: references/inspiration   references/inspiration Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 2:49 am

*Cut Rite chainsaw store, same name as the store in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
*Norman, owner of hotel, reference to Psycho
*"Bill Skins Fifth" Headline on newspapers in ending machines, reference to Silence of the Lambs
*"REDRUM" written in blood on a garage door, reference to The Shining
*and of course most of the Street names refer to authors
*Metropol sign, like the theatre in the movie Demons
*Mushnik's Florist shop, with sign about fantastic new plant. Little Shop of Horrors
*I've read about how the 4th floor button that magically appeared creeped people out because in Japan, many buildings don't have a fourth floor, things don't tend to come in fours, etc. because the word for four sounds like death. After playing the play novel, I notice that Cheryl and Cybil's names are spelled (sorta) like Shiereru and Shiberu, which also start with that "shi" sound. Might mean nothing, just an observation.

references/inspiration Image4151
and of course the teachers, who are the original 3 members of sonic youth. =0) K. Gordon, L. Ronaldo T. Moore

references/inspiration Image3697
Cutrite chainsaw store. Unfortunately, Dennis Hopper was not standing outside testing the saws. We'll leave that to Harry, I guess. ^_^

Psychick TV: Written on boxes in Indian Runner, reference to the band Psychic TV, headed by Genesis P-Orridge, formerly of Throbbing Gristle.

*portishead posters in cafe
*pet semetary and carrie posters
*apparently Michael Kaufman was named after Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz of Troma.
*Midwich elementary - the midwich cuckoos - John Wyndham
Back to top Go down
http://www.amybalot.com/silenthill
Mister_Creazil
Admin
Mister_Creazil

Male Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-11-18

references/inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: references/inspiration   references/inspiration Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:40 pm

I like the reference to The Shining, I didn't think of it that way.
Back to top Go down
http://avrillavigneforum.forumotion.com

references/inspiration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Game Collections :: Silent Hill Collection :: Silent Hill 1-
Jump to: